Thursday, June 5, 2008

None in hand nor in bush !!!

My office:
Was it lack of sleep or something else ..I really don't know.Feeling very sleepy and tired.Life at this moment looks like a slow train crawling through the vast plains on a hot summer afternoon.All I can see are blank faces reminding me of nothing.Completely inert and expressionless faces.

Now a piece of my heart or maybe a piece of $%@#
Maybe it was just a push which i needed badly or an inspiration which you get when you are three pegs down.Gathered enough courage to call her up yesterday.I didn't have any expectations.Just had a notion that if I call up,someone might come out of the phone and tear me apart.Had too many things to say but couldn't.So many things went running through my head but i couldn't hold on to one.Only thing I did was repeating myself.Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here" is ringing on my head and it is doing nothing to help my cause.

"None in hand nor in bush !!!"
Someone ditched me today.You can call her "Fragrance"..I mean the Idianised version of it.God only knows the number of days I am chasing her.I wanted her so badly to drop into my office.A perfect candidate for a perfect job and an answer to my target(God I hate this word).The cat and mouse game happened almost twenty days back.When I called her up for the first time she said that she is in Jaipur and she will definitely meet me when she comes back to B'bay.Then Jaipur blasts happened.I was so scared.Luck was on my side.She was safe.She promised me that she is coming back very soon.Finally last Saturday she came back to B'bay from Jaipur.She promised again .When I asked her to get her resume and photographs ,she sounded baffled.I had to convince her that I am not going to keep her photos in my wallet.Monday came.Still no signs of her.In the night when I called her up she said that she was expecting my calls.Hell....what a lie.She promised to come on Tuesday.Again a lie.I am so used to them by now.Came Wednesday.She promised me that she will surely come on Thursday.I confirmed it twice yesterday.Hell...finally ,I got through her number.I started dreaming about my targets being achieved .I was so glad.Comes Thursday.I don't have any candidates lined up today except for this sweet li'l girl whom I have never met and whose name sounds like "Fragrance".I am so high on confidence(what do you think? Nowadays I don't get high on fragrances).After all "one in hand is better than two in bush".I call her up.No answer.I called again.Still no answer.I am so tired now.Even after calling her for more than twenty times she is not responding.All I can hear is "Nothing's gonna change my love for you".....I am so tired of listening to it.Again a real bad day.
"None in hand nor in bush !!!"
My targets are still to be achieved.If only she really meant "Nothing's gonna change my love for you" I would have achieved my targets.Hope her caller tune actually personifies the girl she is.Maybe she will come tomorrow.Waiting for a better day..........

No comments: