Monday, June 4, 2007

No Room for New Rooms


Yesterday evening was crazy.Reached home and was surprised to find that my Land-owner had built another room.I mean it's crazy how small rooms are made in Bombay.I remember when I shifted to Marine Lines for the first time there was a bath tub in my Ex-Landlord's house.No rooms were vacant.Within five hours ,he got the bath tub removed and made a three sq feet by 6 sq feet room for me.Talk about imagination.Ditto with my present landlord.Within a few hours our man had converted a store-room to a new weird shaped room with WINDOWS.The only reason I am stressing on the word "Windows" is because it's so hard to find rooms with windows in my place.Most of the rooms are 10*10 rooms with no ventilation.He asked me if I am interested.Hell no...I am not.Then he told me the advantages of having that room.
1)It has a window facing the toilet(Wow...what a turn on ...hehehe) and
2)two tube lights.
3)It's 15 sq feet long and just 5 sq feet wide.
4)There are lots and lots and lots of drawers

Actually it was a store room earlier.Biggest shocker was still to come.Monthly rent 8000 bucks a month.Damn...B'bay is expensive!!! My landlord has gone insane.Fortunately he doesn't irritate me these days.I stuff my rent on his month on the first day itself.Sometimes these species(landlords) of human can really be sticky customers.I don't want this weird looking room.I am very happy with my 10 by 10 room with full ventilation.Moreover I am paying just 4000 bucks...that's so cool(I mean my fully ventilated room)

No comments: