Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sum of all Fear !!

Sick and tired of looking at all these newspaper showing numbers and 
stats of everything and anything.X number of people died in Y number of 
blasts with Z number of injuries. Numbers in politics. How many more 
candidates do we require to form the government? Everyday I read these 
set of TEN questions put forward by a local daily about what
Mumbaiites 
are asking? How many soldiers are dying
everyday? For how many months 
the investigations will continue? How many innocent lives? How many 
broken homes ? I am fiddling around with numbers as well ...how many 
buses I should miss so that I get the least crowded bus? My fears and my 
beliefs...crowded places attract more terrorists.Will it be OK if I miss 
THREE more locals so that I get a slow train? Why I feel that a fast 
train might have a bomb? Why have I started feeling that the SIXTH and 
the SEVENTH (Saturday n Sunday) day are more prone to attacks ? Its been 
more than TWO weeks... SIXTEEN days to be precise since 26/11 and I am 
still scared. Still not sure if everything is alright.I can't say that I 
am not scared.I seriously am !!!However I wont keep quiet .I wont let my 
anger calm down...not so soon..even if I am ONE of those numbers who are 
suffering.


PS : I am the saddest person today as my Boss (The coolest Boss on 
Earth) is leaving for Australia. Hope he comes back soon !!!! Maybe , I 
have to start counting the number of days he will take to come 
back....again these bloody numbers !!

No comments: